This policy was written in English (UK). If any translated version of this agreement conflicts with the English version, the English version takes preeminence.
- By "CeoAfrica" we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website at www.ceoafrica.com and any other CeoAfrica branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions); (b) our Platform; (c) social plugins such as the Like button, the Share button and other similar offerings and (d) other media, software (such as a toolbar), devices, or networks now existing or later developed.
- By "Platform" we mean a set of APIs and services (such as content) that enable others, including application developers and website operators, to retrieve data from CeoAfrica or provide data to us.
- By "post" we mean post on CeoAfrica or otherwise make available by using CeoAfrica.
- By "use" we mean use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
- By "active financial registered user" we mean a user who has paid the yearly membership fee and has logged into CeoAfrica at least once in the previous 30 days.
- By "active registered user" we mean a user who has logged into CeoAfrica at least once in the previous 30 days.
- By "application" we mean any application or website that uses or accesses Platform, as well as anything else that receives or has received data from us. If you no longer access Platform but have not deleted all data from us, the term application will apply until you delete the data.
- By "information" we mean facts and other information about you, including actions taken by users and non-users who interact with CeoAfrica.
- By "content" we mean anything you or other users post on CeoAfrica that would not be included in the definition of information.
- By "data" or "user data" or "user's data" we mean any data, including a user's content or information that you or third parties can retrieve from CeoAfrica or provide to CeoAfrica through Platform.
Terms of Service
- Special Provisions Applicable to Users outside Nigeria
We strive to create a continental community with consistent standards for everyone, but we also strive to respect local laws. The following provision apply to users and non-users who interact with CeoAfrica outside Nigeria:
Information Collection and Use
Our primary goals in collecting personally identifiable information are to provide you with the product and services made available through the Site, including, but not limited, to the Service, to communicate with you, and to manage your registered user account, if you have one.
Information Collected Upon Registration. If you desire to have access to certain restricted sections of the Site, you will be required to become a registered user upon payment of $1000, and to submit certain personally identifiable information to CeoAfrica. This happens in a number of instances, such as when you sign up for the Service, or if you desire to receive beneficial materials and information. Personally identifiable information that we may collect in such instances may include your IP address, full user name, password, email address, city, time zone, telephone number, and other information that you decide to provide us with, or that you decide to include in your public profile.
Your full user name and your photo, if you decide to upload one, are displayed to people in the CeoAfrica network to enable you to connect with people on CeoAfrica, as specified in your privacy settings. Once a member, you may provide additional information in the profile section, including but not limited to your bio, your location, as well as your personal web site, if you have one. Providing additional information beyond what is required at registration is entirely optional, but enables you to better identify yourself and find new friends and opportunities in the CeoAfrica platform. If you activate the mobile phone options per the Terms of Service at CeoAfrica.com/terms.php, we will collect your cellular phone number account information. You will receive notifications on your cellular phone account in a number of cases, such as when a new CeoAfrica member comes on board, or when a CeoAfrica adds you as a friend or sends you a message. If you contact us by email through the Site, we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence, and may use your email address, and any information that you provide to us in your message, to respond to you.
Use of Contact Information
In addition, we may use your contact information to update you on Business News, and provide you with information about investment opportunities in Africa and the rest of the world. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such information or communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications.
When you visit the Site, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website ("Log Data" ). This Log Data may include information such as your IP address, browser type or the domain from which you are visiting, the web-pages you visit, the search terms you use, and any advertisements on which you click. For most users accessing the Internet from an Internet service provider the IP address will be different every time you log on. We use Log Data to monitor the use of the Site and of our Service, and for the Site's technical administration. We do not associate your IP address with any other personally identifiable information to identify you personally, except in case of violation of the Terms of Service
We do our best to keep CeoAfrica safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep CeoAfrica safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on CeoAfrica.
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access CeoAfrica, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on CeoAfrica.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related, dating or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
- You will not use CeoAfrica to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of CeoAfrica, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other CeoAfrica functionality.
You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of our policies.
- Registration and Account Security
CeoAfrica users should provide their real names and information, and it will be appreciated if this is respected. Below are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- As an “active financial registered user,” you will pay an annual fee of $1000
- You will not provide any false personal information on CeoAfrica, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one personal account.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use CeoAfrica if you are under 25.
- You will not use CeoAfrica if you are a convicted financial offender
- You will not share your password (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account (including any Page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- If you select a username or similar identifier for your account or Page, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
- You will not use CeoAfrica if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Service Providers We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to us, including, without limitation, hosting and maintenance, customer relationship, database storage and management, and direct marketing campaigns. We will share your personally identifiable information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these functions and provide such services, and only pursuant to binding contractual obligations requiring such third parties to maintain the privacy and security of your data.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement, CeoAfrica cooperates with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of CeoAfrica or a third party, the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law.
CeoAfrica is very concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information. We employ administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access.
We will make any legally-required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored personal data to you via email or conspicuous posting on this Site in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
- Mobile and Other Devices
- We currently provide our mobile services for free, but please be aware that your network provider’s normal rates and fees, such as text messaging fees, will still apply.
- In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you will update your account information on CeoAfrica within 48 hours to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person who acquires your old number.
- Special Provisions Applicable to Advertisers
You can target your desired audience by buying ads on CeoAfrica or our publisher network. The following additional terms apply to you if you place an order through our online advertising portal (Order):
- When you place an Order, you will tell us the type of advertising you want to buy, the amount you want to spend, and your bid. If we accept your Order, we will deliver your ads as inventory becomes available. When serving your ad, we do our best to deliver the ads to the audience you specify, although we cannot guarantee in every instance that your ad will reach its intended target.
- In instances where we believe doing so will enhance the effectiveness of your advertising campaign, we may broaden the targeting criteria you specify.
- You will pay for your Orders in accordance with our Payments Terms. The amount you owe will be calculated based on our tracking mechanisms.
- Your ads will comply with our Advertising Guidelines.
- We will determine the size, placement, and positioning of your ads.
- We do not guarantee the activity that your ads will receive, such as the number of clicks your ads will get.
- We cannot control how clicks are generated on your ads. We have systems that attempt to detect and filter certain click activity, but we are not responsible for click fraud, technological issues, or other potentially invalid click activity that may affect the cost of running ads.
- You can cancel your Order at any time through our online portal, but it may take up to 24 hours before the ad stops running. You are responsible for paying for all ads that run.
- Our license to run your ad will end when we have completed your Order. You understand, however, that if users have interacted with your ad, your ad may remain until the users delete it.
- We can use your ads and related content and information for marketing or promotional purposes.
- You will not issue any press release or make public statements about your relationship with CeoAfrica without our prior written permission.
- We may reject or remove any ad for any reason.
- If you are placing ads on someone else's behalf, you must have permission to place those ads, including the following:
- You warrant that you have the legal authority to bind the advertiser to this policy.
- You agree that if the advertiser you represent violates this policy, we may hold you responsible for that violation.
If you make a payment on CeoAfrica or use CeoAfrica Credits, you agree to our Payments Terms.
If you violate the letter or spirit of this policy, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of CeoAfrica to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time.
Links to CEOAFRICA’s Partners’ sites
Our Site contains links to other websites belonging to our partners. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personally identifiable information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personally identifiable information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
- Conflicts Resolution
- You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute (claim) you have with us arising out of or relating to this Statement or CeoAfrica exclusively in a state or federal court located in Ibadan City. The laws of Oyo State, Nigeria, will govern this Statement, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located in Ibadan City, Oyo State, Nigeria for the purpose of litigating all such claims.
- If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on CeoAfrica, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users' actions on CeoAfrica and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on CeoAfrica. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on CeoAfrica. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of CeoAfrica.
- This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding CeoAfrica and supersedes any prior agreements.
- If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
- Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
- All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
- This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
- You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing CeoAfrica.
Already a member?
Then, please sign in below