Sokoto State Governor Aminu Tambuwal had on Sunday attended the funeral of 25 persons murdered by gangsters in a latest assault which broke out on Saturday in three communities in Rabah local government area of the state.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Tambuwal alongside heads of security agencies, traditional rulers and government officials later sympathized with the families of the victims after the burial held at Gandi town.
NAN gathered that the muggers who were in large numbers raided Kalhu, Tsage and Geeri villages near Gandi and murdered the 25 persons.
The assailants were said to have engaged in indiscriminate shooting from around 5pm on Saturday till Sunday morning, after which they carted away hundreds of cows, sheep and other valuables.
Rabah has been experiencing muggers’ assaults in recent time, with people losing their lives while many others who were rendered homeless now taking refuge at an Internally Displaced Persons camp in Gandi.
Tambuwal guaranteed that the government would take more measures “to end such uncivilized and barbaric attacks”, and beseeched community members to assist security agencies with useful information to track the muggers.
Sokoto state Commissioner of Police, Mr Ibrahim Kaoje, while speaking to journalists said four persons including a woman informant who pretended to be a lunatic were apprehended.
Kaoje said that a joint security operation was in progress to contain robbery and other crimes in the state.
The state Chairman, IDPs’ Welfare Committee, Malam Lawal Maidoki said relief materials had been delivered to the victims.
NAN reports that with the present 25 murdered in the recent assault the total number of persons murdered by robbers in Sokoto state has mounted to 108 from 2018 to date.
Other places affected by armed bandits’ assaults were Dalijan, Rakkoni and Tabanni communities within the period.









