Thu, 21 May 2026

 

Alleged Student of Lethoba's mutilation abandons bail in South Africa
 
By:
Fri, 14 Jun 2019   ||   South Africa,
 

The 19-year-old man alleged for murdering a fellow student and cutting off her breasts abandoned his bail application in the Welkom Magistrate's Court on Friday, Free State police said.

Obed Leshoro will now remain in custody until his next court appearance on July 12.

Leshoro is alleged for murdering 21-year-old Naledi Lethoba of Bothaville, who was a student at Goldfields TVET College.

Her body was discovered in an open field in Dagbreek, Welkom.

Her breasts had been cut off and a knife was stuck in her neck.

Lethoba's body was found on May 19, while Leshoro was apprehended at the college campus on May 28.

On Thursday night, a memorial was held for Lethoba in her hometown. Lethoba’s mother, Mpho Nyakane, told TimesLive that Lethoba only wanted to make her happy in life.

She had sought to take a gap year, but the student was determined to go to school as there had never been a graduate in the family.

Lethoba’s father, Sam Nkanyane, also told the online news site that it was painful for the family that they never got the chance to see her one last time.

Lethoba’s aunt, Sebina Lethoba, said the student had to be identified by her silver tooth filling, they said.

 

Tag(s):
 
 
Back to News