At least seven people have been wounded in a shooting at Saugus High School in Santa Clarita Thursday morning. The suspect remains at large.
The shooting occurred before 7:45 a.m. in the area of the school, which is located at 21900 Centurion Way.
The Los Angeles County Fire Department told Newsmen that at least seven people were being treated for various injuries. It’s unclear how many of those people had been shot. There was one victim who was found wounded in the school choir room.
Authorities were searching for a male Asian suspect in black clothing, the L.A. County Sheriff’s Department reports. The suspect was still at large as of 8:30 a.m. He was last seen running west towards Highlands Elementary School, L.A. County Sheriff’s Deputy Eric Ortiz said.
Anyone who lives in the area of the school was being asked to lock their doors and stay inside.
Several surrounding roads, including Bouquet Canyon Road, have been shut down. A multi-block search perimeter has been set up and the public was asked to avoid the area around the school.
Classes had not gotten underway when the shooting occurred, so the campus was not completely full.
Saugus High and all other schools in the William S. Hart Union High School District were on lockdown as of 8:30 a.m. The district has about 20,000 students.
No further details on the incident were confirmed.









