Tue, 19 May 2026

 

Flood kills 15 in Congo
 
By:
Fri, 2 Oct 2020   ||   Congo, Democratic Republic of The, Congo
 

At least 15 people were killed after torrential rains in eastern Congo, Officials said.

“We are recording enormous damage; practically it is a disaster. We have just removed 15 bodies from these waters,” North Kivu provincial official Roger Malinga said.

A civil society leader in the region, Faustin Kasole said that the rains on Thursday caused a river to overflow, adding that one village had been entirely “wiped off the map.”

He said he expected the death toll to be much larger, given that the search for bodies had taken place in the dark overnight and was continuing.

 

Tag(s):
 
 
Back to News