Tue, 19 May 2026

Bolt

Sprint legend, Bolt tests positive for corona virus
 
By:
Tue, 25 Aug 2020   ||   Nigeria, Jamaica
 

Sprint legend Usain Bolt was quarantined yesterday after he tested positive for the coronavirus, just days after his lavished 34th birthday.

Usain, a retired 100m and 200m world-record holder did not confirm his test result but urged anyone who had been in contact with him to go into quarantine as well. In his words:

“I did a test on Saturday to leave (Jamaica) because I have work,” Bolt said in a video posted on Twitter. “I am trying to be responsible so I am going to stay in and be safe.

“Also, I am having no symptoms, I will quarantine myself and wait on the confirmation to see what is the protocol and to see how I go about quarantining myself from the Ministry of Health.

“Until then, I will call my friends and tell them once they came in contact with me to be safe, quarantine and take it easy,” said Bolt.

Health and Wellness Minister, Christopher Tufton confirmed late on Monday that the eight-time Olympic champion had tested positive. And Jamaica’s Prime Minister, Andrew Holness disclosed that police are investigating the circumstances surrounding Bolt’s birthday party. Holness said:

“There are reports of an activity related to Usain Bolt,”

“These matters are all being thoroughly investigated and the police will give a report on these matters in near future.”

 

 

 

 

Tag(s):
 
 
Back to News