I am not antagonistic to holding talks with MDC-Alliance leader Mr Nelson Chamisa if the opposition leader recognizes me as the legitimately-elected leader of the country, Zimbabwe’s President Mnangagwa reportedly said.
The Head of State and Government — the ruling Zanu-PF presidential candidate in last year’s July 31 election — defeated Mr Chamisa by 50.8 percent of the count to 44.3 percent, while Zanu-PF thrashed MDC-Alliance winning two-thirds of Parliamentary seats.
The results were confirmed by the Constitutional Court (Concourt), the highest arbitrator in the land, when Mr Chamisa queried the outcome, but the opposition leader has refused to acknowledge his loss.
In an interview with journalists on Wednesday, President Mnangagwa said his door has always been open to engage anyone the same way he has done with industry, church, students, traditional leaders, the disabled and progressive political parties.
President Mnangagwa also spoke on the recent violent demonstrations by MDC-Alliance, Western countries’ continued interference in Zimbabwean affairs and his oft-sensationalized “rift” with Vice President Chiwenga.
The President said contrary to claims by MDC-Alliance leader Mr Nelson Chamisa that he had written to him five times seeking dialogue, he was yet to see any correspondence.
“I have not seen any letter,” he said.









